- I initially had so many ideas to write about, but none of them seemed fitting, so I scraped them for right now.
I decided to share a topic that was prevalent in the news last week – suicide.
I first one to say, I understand the holidays can be triggering for some due to different types of loss, unfulfilled expectations, regrets, personal and relational responsibilities, depression, health concerns, financial issues and so much more!
I see you. I love you. I value you.
You belong here and you are needed.
While I know I don’t have all the words or may not even articulate this message correctly to portray what some may be battling – just know I truly do care.
Some seasons may feel long with no end in sight but be encouraged. Take courage. Know that God is always with you and will never leave you or forsake you.
In closing, I wanted to share some of my favorite scriptures I often re-read or commit to memory to help me on my worst days.
- Psalms 139 – read the entire chapter! It’s my favorite chapter in the entire Bible.
- “Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses so that the power of Christ can work through me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9 NLT
- “Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 NLT
- “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, From whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, Which made heaven and earth.” Psalm 121:1-2 KJV
- “This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 NLT
Please also note you can text 988 or call 988 from your phone and it is the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline.
* It’s available to anyone in the US.