I’m still in awe when I think about The Business Brunch One Day Conference. I found my journal from 2020 and one of my goals was to have an in-person event and then Covid happened. While the conference didn’t happen in 2020 because we all know life happens, in August of 2023, my dream and vision became a reality.
I was recently reminded by a friend of the importance of taking a moment to sit and share any lessons I learned along the way. So here’s my top 5 lessons I learned while planning an event.
Top 5 Lessons Learned
- Hire a personal assistant before you need one. There will be so many task along the way, so hire someone to help you.
- Start planning as early as possible – at least 6 months in advance. I planned the Business Brunch One Day Conference in two months and wouldn’t recommend. 😂
- Ask for help. I’m grateful to have friends and my sister that stepped up to help with making the event a success.
- Over communicate with vendors and companies you are working and get everything in writing.
- Protect Your Vision. Some things may change because we have amazing people around us – so be flexible. But also protect your vision when it comes to implementation. It’s your brand and your name.
And as a bonus – let me remind you of the importance of rest! There was one day every week in which I didn’t do anything Business Brunch related and I logged off social media to rest! It was so helpful and beneficial to relax my brain for a day every single week!
I hope this helps you in case you are ever planning anything! Until next time, Ciao!
Last week’s blog: Comfort Zones
To check out more of my blogs and or content check out my Linktree!
Missed a blog post? Don’t worry, subscribe to my newsletter and have it emailed directly to you! ❤️