Work in Progress
To sum up my weight loss journey quickly- I’m not done.?? I’m a work in progress, so I give myself grace.
Post age 30, my metabolism slowed down. My body feels like it stores everything I eat and my scale is broken. If I weigh myself on Tuesday I lost 3 lbs, by Saturday I’ve gain 3.4 pounds back. ?
So, I had to find ways to stay motivated.
What am I currently doing for my weight loss journey?
1. Instead of using a scale I purchased waist beads. I got the idea from my friend Erica. As the beads become looser, I know I’m losing inches and I purchase new ones. In addition, the beads are cute and are a confidence booster!
2. To stay focused, I’ve completed a 100-day and 60-day workout challenge last year and I’m currently on day 43 of another 100-day workout challenge.
3. I have an accountability partner that I have to message and send screenshots of my workouts to daily. S/O to my accountability partner Rickeeta, she sends me side-eyes ? if she hasn’t received my daily post.
4. I also modified my diet. I consider myself vegetarian-ish (I’ll explain in my next blog). My main focus is to eat more fruit and veggies.
5. I switched up my workout routine from cardio to more strength and weight training. #hugedifference
I have weight loss goals, but I remind myself I’m human and I have struggles just like everyone else.
Like for example, I love chips, particularly the flaming hot Doritos. I’m not sure who came up with the seasoning recipe, but it has to be award-winning. ? Like I tried to eat a bag yesterday and the bag was stale y’all ?. I guess someone wants me to stay on track ?.
In conclusion, I briefly listed a few things I’m doing to have a healthy lifestyle, but of course, we all have to decide what works best for us.
Question of the Day? : What are some fitness tips that you practice?
“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31