I received this as a topic request from a friend- she requested that I share what I’ve learned about myself this year and about traveling.
Since it is the end of 2019, I’ll make a list of my top 19 things I’ve learned about myself and traveling.
So, here it is…
1. My most important relationship is with God and then myself. God and I talk a lot. Lol.
2. I’m my favorite person to hang around. I enjoy being me!
3. I’m resilient. I may go through things, but I bounce back.
4. I can be fearless, sometimes. Lol.
5. I’m learning patience and not to rush into things. Sometimes I have to take a step back and evaluate the situation.
6. I’m starting to blossom into who I am. I scare myself sometimes, because I’m not sure what to expect, but I’m enjoying it.
7. I love being around people, but I also enjoy being by myself.
8. Traveling is my favorite, expensive hobby.
9. I’m an unconventional traveler. I may not pick the most convenient way to get to a place, but I’ll still get to the sight to enjoy it.
10. I can’t travel with everyone. ??♀️
11. Traveling allows me to be free and live in the moment.
12. I’m content being single, until God sends someone my way.
13. I want to go everywhere in the world, so I’m always trying to book a trip.
14. Life isn’t about how many friends you have, but it is about enjoying moment with the ones that you do have.
15. Embrace change. I’m at the age, in which friendships change rapidly. Just go with the changes instead of trying to control it and allow life to happen.
16. I will do what I love, even if it isn’t popular.
17. I like to share what I’ve learned, if it means I can help someone else in their journey.
18. I may never know every piece of my purpose; however, with the parts I do know, I will continue taking baby steps. You never know where it will lead you.
19. I now have the ability to do for others, what I would have wanted someone to do for me.
I’ve learned so much, but I’ll continue to share things throughout 2020. My word for the year is still flexibility. I’m learning to be flexible in every area of my life.
So much can change in a year or even six months. What is one thing you have learned about yourself?
“No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.”
Philippians 3:13-14 NLT