Because it is Mental Health Awareness Month, I thought I’ll share things that bring me joy! I know oftentimes similar lists are shared and entitled self-care activities, but I was reading a book last week and it referenced activities they enjoyed as a joy list. The idea of calling it a joy list, made me smile, so here are my top 15 joy list items.
- Spending quiet time with God.
- Reading a book in one day.
- A hot bubble bath with candles and relaxing music.
- Sitting outside on the patio (with nice weather), enjoying a nice drink to relax.
- Going to the pool and or beach.
- Reading greeting cards from friends and family.
- Receiving a note or email about how my book and or blog encouraged someone.
- Publishing a book.
- Turning on my out of the office because I have a trip booked.
- Watching a comedy show.
- Game night with friends and family.
- Lying in bed binging a good series on Netflix.
- Teaching others and seeing them have their aha moment.
- Take nap midday!
- Enjoying my favorite snack!
While I could go on and on about some of the things that bring me joy, I want you to think about something on your joy list. In addition to thinking about it, try to practice it tonight or even this week!
What brings you joy?
“Strength and honour are her clothing; And she shall rejoice in time to come.”
Proverbs 31:25 KJV