When God tells you to do something, there are days that you experience fear. Fear of not being enough, not being qualified or being worried of what others will say of your past. I’ve learned from living life just a little bit and with encouragement from friends – that people will ALWAYS have something to say – good, bad and indifferent.
So I’ve learned the most important thing is to learn what God says about you and keep it moving. Because I know God can use who and what he wants to use despite your past.
I’ve listed some of my favorite stories in the Bible of who God used, this list doesn’t account for all of them – so you have to read the Bible for yourself to find out more!
Imperfect People used in the Bible
1. Moses killed someone (Exodus 2:11-22) and still got to see the glory of God. (Exodus 22:12-23) I can’t phantom seeing the King of Kings. #howsway
2. Abraham lied and called his wife his sister (Genesis 12:10-20) and was still the father of many nations (Genesis 17:5).
3. Issac lied and called his wife his sister (Genesis 26:1-11) and still was in the lineage of Jesus (Matthew 1:2).
4. Rahab was a harlot and still saved her family from being harmed (Joshua 6:25).
5. David slept with his soldiers wife and then sent her husband to the front line to have him killed. David was still a man after God’s own heart (2 Samuel 11).
6. Jonah disobeyed God and was swallowed by a great fish. Once he was obedient, he helped the entire city of Nineveh repent and turn back to God (the book of Jonah).
7. Saul persecuted the saints (Acts 8:1-3) After his conversion to Paul the Apostle (Acts 9:1-31), he wrote majority of the New Testament.
To sum it up: Do what God says and stop worrying about people and your past.